Saturday, we celebrated my wife's birthday. There were a lot of things going on with this birthday:
- It was her first birthday as a married wife. I needed to make it as special as possible.
- This was her first birthday away from her home state, North Carolina. She's homesick. The other day, she said she wanted to go home. So, I needed to help Austin feel more like her home.
- She has epilepsy. She can't get a driver's license until she goes a whole year without a seizure. Safety first!
- I have been depriving her of her country music!
- I learned how to buy a Capital Metro stored value bus card. We learned how to navigate the Capital Metro bus system.
- At the outdoor food court art show, we ate mini corndogs while a singer sang lesbian songs! Lots of dogs were there too!
- Callie got a free necklace from a stranger!
- Two bus drunks preached religion and repeated the same arguments over and over!
- At the Bob Bullock History Museum, we learned about how Texas used to have a whole bunch of slaves but now they don't!
- Speaking of beat, we saw some beat poetry! One of the poets reminded my wife of her mom!
- At a South Congress food truck, we ate fried chicken and the best mac and cheese I've ever had- with truffle sauce!
- We saw 2 different country bands- that I actually liked! I hate country- but not this time! Check out , Redd Volkaert and Sour Bridges!
- We ate dessert at Kerbey Lane! I had vegan peanut butter espresso cake! She had a cake that had 40 kinds of chocolate!
- We ran into David Cross- David Cross from the TV! I was like "Hey David Cross!" He was like "Hey."
- On the way home, around midnight, we saw some people riding horses through town. Callie loves horses! Tears welled up in her eyes.
- Sexy time!
- Then, as we fell asleep in each other's arms, Daylight Savings kicked in and we got to set the clock back. Snooze!
This was too cool of a birthday. I set the bar way too high. I'll never be able to follow this! Whoops.
Make your wife's birthday good- but not too good. Next time, when you take her to Chuck E Cheese, she won't be as disappointed.
Bye! I'm Jake!